Do you do anything special to remember 9/11?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• I put our flag at half staff. I remember and remember and remember. I live 30 miles from NYC. My ex-bf had just gotten a job at WTC and his daughter was in college in Washington DC. I just about went crazy that day. He and his daughter and every single person that I know personally came home safely.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I remember it so clearly. I was in the city that day. I try to watch when they list the names on TV. I look for the people I knew and like to listen to the moment of silence on the radio.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not really. I mean, I'll definitely think of the day tomorrow, and remember, but other than that, I'm not sure what else to do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We just try to wear red white or blue. And think about that time. We have no set in stone traditions. It would be nice if there was somehing everyone could do though.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Special? No. I wish I didn't remember it. It was a terrifying and sad day. Every year about a week before the 11th rolls around, I start having images of that day pop into my mind. I remember every single detail and I'd rather not. I don't view it as a special day.Just a day marked in our history for forever that was a tradgedy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't try to "remember" that day specifically, but I think it is important to remember the lives that were lost, and the families that were affected forever that day. I will wear red, white, and blue. I think it's also important to teach our kids tolerance, and not hatred so that tragedies like that are not repeated.

SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I light a candle for all those lost on that day and hang out my flag.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We tend a memorial service every yr.... my dh is a Firefighter ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010