My DD has thrown up every Friday for the last 3 weeks. Idk whats going on! :(

My DD just started daycare about 5 weeks ago. She only eats lunch and snack there. Today I didn't take her because I had the day off. She hasn't been eating a lot in the past week or so. She ate some grapes and a little later I tried to give her some veggie soup but she refused. She was clingy and uber fussy then threw up all over me and the carpet. This happens every Thursday night or Friday for the past 3 weeks. Any ideas of whats going on?

Also, if it makes a difference...I've had a terrible funky tummy ache for the last 3 days. But it's more like sharp pains rather than nausea.

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You both could have some kind of tummy virus, but if this has been going on the same time for her each week, something else must be going on. If it isn't that stress is building up from earlier in the week, which seems kind of a complicated explanation. Think back, or start recording, everything she eats. Is there something she eats on Wednesday or Thursday every week? Some snack or dessert or breakfast, lunch, supper? She may be sensitive to something.

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• it would have to be something in school cause its only happening on those particular days..find out what the school is serving that days an go from there..if it something u serve at home..then it may the brand or ingrediants that its from..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hmmm..yeah that makes for a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the stress...she's new to daycare and (shes 2) and the teacher said she was really good the first 2 weeks...seemed to get better everyday. Then totally went downhill after that and gets upset easily and is clingy and wants to be held all the time. Im not sure what to do...I feel so terrible for her :(
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'll check with the school. But I'm pretty sure they have something different every week. Ill definitely check. And I don't make the same things all the time. So....ugh this is complicated lol
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It might be stress or it might just be a cry for attention.

My son was throwing up so frequently when he wasn't sick that I thought he had an allergy, well, he was tested and it was nothing.

My husband and I would rush with him to the bathroom everytime he said something and he'd throw up...well we stopped taking him and he stopped. IDK
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 3:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• As Chelsea-renee said, it could be a bid for attention. Either something is going on at the day care or she misses being home- she may not even be aware that she is making herself sick. I still prefer the idea that something she is eating is doing it. Or something she is allergic to may be causing her to have post nasal drip that upsets her stomach. It could be that it takes from Monday through Thursday for it to disturb her stomach enough to make her throw up. Then she is home for the weekend and fine, then back to the day care on Monday and the dripping and allergic reaction starts up again.
    You have a lot of possibilities- wanting attention, distress about daycare, something she eats or drinks, allergies.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• well, i had the same issue with my son (also 2) back in feb, but he would spit up once a night or every other night. It was a totall battle with doctors, his norm doc would say nothing was wrong, but i knew something was, so i took him to MY childhood doc (hes still practicing) and DJ had tonsilitis. His tonsils were so swollen they were touching. The following weekend we ended up in the ER because he vomited nonstop about 10 times. He had a grastro intestinal disease/virus (thats what the paperwork said) and was placed on an IV. This illness was HIGHLY contagious and everyone who came to see him was infected. (YAY for the mommy immune system!!)

Take him to a doctor and ask the questions after you ask the daycare about the menu, it can escalate quickly
    Lauren G.

Answer by Lauren G. at 11:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2010