Separation

I am considering separation before divorce. My DH has no clue, how do I tell him? do I make a list first... what if it ends up being a bad idea.... :-(

cabel1

Asked by cabel1 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Why don't you consider counseling first?
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If I was in your shoes. I would write a list of things that are bothering me, then I would sit down with my DH and talk to him about the list, and see if their is a way to work with the problems.. If things are really really bad than I would go to counseling and see if their is anything that can be done.. Thats what I would do if I was in your shoes..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with AirforceWife. If your DH has no clue that you want out, then he probably has no idea what is wrong with him, you, or the relationship. He may not realize that there are things that need to be worked on. It is not fair to announce that you are not happy and that you want to leave. Give him a chance, if you haven't already. You never know if the problems can be fixed unless the both of you work on them together. Don't give up unless there is nothing that can be solved.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree going to councelling can be a life saver, but re-evaluating your marriage can't hurt either....sometimes people just grow apart, when you have been with someone for many many years its hard to keep things alive, fun, and interesting, it's almost like "what else is there to know" when you already know everything.....good luck
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i bet if you have a talk on how you feel he can work on it & it can be a better relationship
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• PLZ mail me ?????
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• have you considered counseling first? why throw in the towel right away?
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2010