Do you feel like your husband takes how you look for granted?

It's like my husband is always looking for something better looking. I think he seriously thinks that women should look like women in Playboy magazine or something. The way he talks we should have big perky breasts, nice firm booty, tight abs...the whole thing. I feel like he can't just accept what a REAL freakin woman looks like. He has this stupid illusion in his head. I like my boobs, I like that we were created DIFFERENT but he only seems to care for a particular type. I could wear a bikini and he wouldn't even notice...THAT kind of girl that he thinks women should look like could wear one and he would drool over her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think so. I've gained about 30lbs since we've been together and I'm very self concious about it yet he still tells me I'm beautiful everyday. And not that I look for attention in public but I don't turn heads like I use to and that makes me feel...unpretty lol. But when my husband tells me I'm sexy it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks since he's the only that gets to have me anyway! But then again I think he prefers women with a little meat on their bones lol. As for your husband, does he look like he's straight out of GQ? If not, why is he talking!?
    Anonymous

• did you gain alot of weight or something?
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 9:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• never! my hubby told me today i looked beautiful but he tells me that every day. even when i look my worst. like the time i got a boil near my hair line and it was pussie (?). yuck what he didn't find attractive was my attitude while knocked out by the pain killers and the pain i complained about every second. i have stretch marks and cellulite but i think he sees more then whats on the surface. try to spark up what he fell in love with you in the first place. beauty is only skin deep.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• No I didn't gain alot of weight. I had my baby and lost it all. I have some mild stretch marks and I look like a normal woman. He never compliments me. It's like he's been bored with me since the ring was on my finger. I agree. I've had other people compliment me but their opinion doesn't matter. His matters and I want to look good for him but I don't feel I should have to change myself to that extent to look like some half plastic woman in a magazine. I feel as if he is pushing me to do something like that.
    Anonymous

• No my man doesn't tell me that he tells me that I am fine.
    Anonymous

• I feel really bad for you...Maybe you should tell him how it makes you feel, especailly if it makes you so upset. My husband is a sweetheart. He tells me everyday how beautiful I am (even if I look like complete sh*t) and that he is so lucky to have such a good wife and mother to his baby..and this is after 8 years!!
    Anonymous

• My husband used to have a little porn fixation, and I always blame that on his unrealistic ideals when it comes to women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Do you basically look the same every day? Men like a little variety. Try doing something different with your make up, hair, clothes, etc... Not a huge change but alternate between changes. Try doing some little exercises too. Not necessarily to loose weight but you will feel better & maybe tone up a little. I'm in the same boat. I am definately not what my dh finds HOT, even though I get hit on by others. All that matters to me is my dh's opinion of me, the rest of the guys are just pigs.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My DH always tells me i am beautiful ,He calls me beautiful as a nickname. Even when I was pregnant, even when I was pregnant with the TWINS he told me I was beautiful every day, even the times i was as sick as a dog as he took care of me he said "I can take care of everything beautiful" . We met in 9th grade and I wil never forget that even then as teens he would tell me i was beautiful everyday (which ment so much w/ everythin going on in my life and how not beautiful i felt). Dh actually cares about inner beauty which is just another reason I love him SOOOO much :)
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah to some extent. I have the same size 0 body I had in highschool, perfectly toned after having a kid (it only took me like 4ish months to get it back to perfect) and well I think he doesn't realize how many women are completely out of shape after having kids. I look hot for him all the time and dress sexy and I believe it keeps him from being tempted to cheat, but I don't think he realizes how hard it is to be a sexy mom and find time to do your makeup and hair and money to buy sexy clothes and lose the weight, but he would definately notice if I didn't do all those things. I think he just thinks its normal that his wife/ babys mama should be hot.
    Anonymous