labor? adult content

i wanna know if women always notice the musuc plug come out ? and do all women have painful contractions? i feel my belly get tight but it doesn't hurt it doesn't even feel like period cramps.

babygillory

Asked by babygillory at 8:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never noticed with both my girls when my mucus plug came out. Contractions are different for everyone, how you deal with them and the stress level.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine came out and I ddnt go into labor for about 3 weeks later
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My mucus plug came out with my first. That's how I knew I was in labor. Every labor is different though, no matter how many kids you have. Just listen to your body. It will definatly tell you.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 8:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• all i know is that im scared to have to do labor without an epidural.... ugh why do i have to have such a bad messed up back!!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have 3 kids and I never saw my mucus plugs. As for my contractions......with my first I had back labor and it felt like I was being stabbed and ripped apart......with my second I had normal contractions and they were strong but I handled it a lot better, up until the last hour of labor.......with my last they were the easiest although my labor lasted for 21 hours compared to 4 & 6 with my first 2. Don't get me wrong they hurt but with my first 2 my water was broken first and my last child my water didn't break until 2 hours before I had her.....that's when my labor got really intense. If you still have your water bag intact your contractions are normally not as strong feeling since you have a "cushion" around the baby. But every woman is different and what they feel is always different.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I noticed mine come out.. And I did have contractions that tightend up my belly but I ddint have any pain. but once my water broke then I felt the pain of the contractions..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I never saw my mucus plug come out with all 3.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i noticed one mucus plug, with 4 pregnancies. the tightening of the belly is all i felt for contractions too. nothing really painful, i never considered drugs.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I noticed my mucous plug with all 3 of my babies. Contractions are different for everyone! I have had 3 babies and never had an eipdural and my contractions barely hurt. I guess I just got lucky to have 3 very easy labors!! With my 2nd two my water broke at home but with my first I wasn't even sure I was in labor, I could feel my stomach gettin tight and it didn't let up so I went in. They got a lil more painful at the end but it really wasn't bad at all.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 8:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well First of all I got robbed and I'm signing up for TilmannsGirl ' sbirth plan next time!!!
    Second of all, I did notice the mucus plug, and didnt feel any contractions until they were terribly painful. I was hooked up to a monitor and the nurses kept asked if I could feel them and I totally couldnt. (Pre epidural)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010