Navy

My husband just told me today he is going to inlist into the navy very soon. He has wanted to for a very long time. I just never thought he would acutally leave us.
I have no idea about any of the details of the navy or of being a navy wife.
Any info would be appreciated. I have no idea what to expect.

SexxyMomma26

Asked by SexxyMomma26 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband has been in the Navy for 9 1/2 years.... Trust me... it's a bumpy ride at times, but in the end... it's not too bad. What is he going in to do? Did he take his test yet? My hubby enlisted when we were still dating..... 1999 .... since then, we got engaged, married and had 2 children. The times during deployments are rough, but the homecomings are always worth it!
    Listen, if you want, you can email me with ANY questions!!! ANYTHING at all!!! It's nice to have someone there to help you thru it.... I had a friend I found online who did the same for me ;0
    I'll send you my email in a message :)

theHALEgirls

Answer by theHALEgirls at 8:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My husband has been in the Navy for quite a while. I'd suggest you go with your husband to talk to the recruiter. Of course he's going to paint a rosy picture, but at least you'll have a chance to ask the questions that are on your mind. Navy life isn't bad. You've got to be pretty self-reliant while he's in boot camp, school, and then deployed, but it'll give you a chance to realize really how strong you are and how much you care for your husband. You'll have the opportunity to meet some amazing people and see some great places. Keep a positive mind-set and get involved with your appropriate support group. If you'd like to talk more about it or ask specific questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 10:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I can't tell you anything about the long haul, as I'm a new navy-wife, but I can tell you all about the beginning! We'd been married for almost a year and half when he decided to join, and less than two weeks after he did, I found out I was pregnant (uhh..suprise!) He was not home for the birth of our child (we live on the east coast, he was doing A-School in CA)..... He's being deployed for the first time this coming January - big bummer. Not so sure how that's going to go, especially since I'm starting to suspect I may be expecting again. Darn this crappy birth control!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yeah.. i'm a new to the navy too and my boyfriend is currently on deployment in Iraq, but if you love him .. support him in something he wants and loves to do. sit him down and talk to him. tell him you don't want to be left out of anything. you wanna know everything thats going on and that you're probably going to be confused and feel abandoned. he didn't and isn't just leaving you. its where that part of his heart is. yes it is hard to go through the deployments but each time gets easier. if you love him, try to be apart of it. not just get the thought that he's leaving you and your children. just take it as a well learned experience... its a wild ride and it will be hard.. but you'll make it. just have faith and patience and everything will be fine. just make sure you're involved and let him know you're there for him..
    DayDays_Mommy

Answer by DayDays_Mommy at 5:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• CONTINUED: nothing feels worse when the one you love doesn't approve of something you've always wanted to do. if you need someone to talk to, you can always msg me.. i'm here for you girl as i'm sure we all are! hang in there sweetie!
    DayDays_Mommy