• In the Spotlight:

Thank you to the ladies who answered my post!!

I am so thankful for Cafe Mom and the wonderful mothers on her. Thank you to the two ladies who responded to my post about abdominal pains two days ago. You ladies were correct and it was labor. I got to the hospital about midnight and ended up getting released to day thank goodness I felt like I was in jail. I guess I still am since Im on bedrest with bathroom privlages only but atleast it is in my home. I will do whatever it takes to make sure that my little girl is healthy and strong when she makes it into this world.
So here is the story. We got up to OSU Medical Center about Midnight and at that point the contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart. So they put me on the monitors, took some blood and put in an IV. The IV was back out within 3 minutes because the nurse that put it in my muscle instead of my vein so my arm looked as huge as my husbands bicep lol and hurt like hell. After doing an exam they found cont....

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• glad u listened
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• cont.. out that I was 1cm/80%/-2 (anyone know what the -2 means). So they decided that they were gonna give me a shot to stop the contractions and admit me. I moved rooms and the next morning had to start my 3 hour gestational diabetes test. After passing the test I was given my first dose of steriods and received my second one today to help develop her lungs. I was sent home with the medicine to take every 6 hours to relax my cervix and to keep contractions from coming on. I am still having them but have not progressed anymore. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed that my little angel will stay in atleast till 36 weeks and she is happy and healthy. Thank you again to the Mommas that answered my previous post. It is wonderful to have a website where you can ask question and get answer especially when your a first time Mommy!! It is GREATLY appreciated!! By the way I will be 31 weeks on Sunday!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Did they put a cerclage in?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am glad I listened also LOL!! And no I did not get a cerclage put in. They did not even give me an option for that. I guess they are just hoping that the meds will help. I go back to my OB on the 21st so if I am still having contractions I will def. bring it up!! Anyone know what the -2 means I meant to ask but forgot!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm glad to hear things went well. I'm not sure about the -2 thing. As for a cerclage, the lateste I've ever heard of them putting one in is 20 weeks, and that was an odd situation. Just thought I would say "good luck" with the bedrest, a good friend of mine went into preterm labor at 20 weeks and stuck to the strict bedrest until she had to be induced at 38 weeks for high blood pressure...so it can work. Also, its great that you got the steroids just in case. I had my daughter unexpectedly at 29w6d, and there was no time for steroids, but I just wanted to let you know that she's happy and healthy a year later :)
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Danyellimom- Im soo sorry to here that you had to deliver so early but at the same time it is wonerful to hear that she is happy and healthy!! That makes me feel great. Thank you for the encouragement and luck it is greatly appreciated!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• -2 is how far down in your pelvis the baby is sitting.
    Anything with a - number is still higher up. ideally when you go into labor your baby will have dropped and you will have + numbers.
    Glad to hear everything is all right :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes -2 means babys head isnt engaged yet once he/she is engaged in the pelvis you will be at a 0 station and as the head descends you will be at +1 statation, +2 and so on +4 is when baby will be crowning
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 1:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Thank you so much. That makes since. So that is a good thing then. You know when you think of negative you think of a bad thing lol but it is nice to know that it is a positive thing. Hopefully when I go to my doc on the 21st everything will all be the same and we wont have to worry to much. I do feel much better knowing that I have had the steriod shots so if she does decide that Mommys belly isnt comfy enough atleast her lungs will be further developed than before. Thank you ladies again for all your responses!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2010