How to measure a baby at home? Was WIC wrong?

They said he was 24 inches long. but i dont get the same length. I have a soft measuring tape. its for measuring your body but its the same as any other you buy for measuring for sewing etc. it says 28 inches from head to ankle. at the wic office they used this stupid wooden board to lay him and the numbers on the side. then she slides this plastic thing to his toes and told me 24 inches.. hes 15lbs 6oz and 28 inches long. he cant even wear 6 months because he so long. hes 5 months old too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wic is a joke if you ask me. Id rather buy my kids formula then deal with those people who could care less about your kids and ALWAYS tell me my kids are over weight or under weight or im feeding them correctly.

Dont listen to them. Go by your own charts.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Go with what you have not with what the WIC office saids they have screwed up my DD measurements.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• they were off on both my childs weight, and length, right after I had left the pediatrician office.... Go with what you have.
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Go by what you have in weight and length. They dont really pay attention
    deliamomma09

Answer by deliamomma09 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• All scales measure different. You can have 5 different scales and you'll get 5 different answers. So no they measure your child right according to their scale and you measured yours right according to yours.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010