How can I get my daughter to sleep?

My 8 month old daughter was sleeping through the night since she was about 3 months old. Now within the last 2 weeks she is going to bed at about 10 or 11 pm and then waking back up at around 1 and then will go back to sleep as long as you are holding her or she is sleeping on the couch but as soon as you lay her in her bed she starts screaming. I have tried everything mobiles aquarium thing that hooks on her crib nothing works. Idk what else to do. Asked the Doctor and he said he has no idea why she is doing this. No one I know has ever had this problem.Please give me some advice

deliamomma09

Asked by deliamomma09 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter slept for longer stretches between 2-5 months than she does now at 9.5 months. Baby's sleep patterns change oftfen in the first year for different reasons: growth spurt, teething, new milestone. Ya just gotta roll with it, mama.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• She might be teething, or it could be a little seperation anxiety. Try some orajel and a cold teether beofre bed and see if that helps, if it doesn't then I would bet seperation anxiety.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was starting to think I was doing something wrong. Cause she has always been a good sleeper until lately.
    deliamomma09

Comment by deliamomma09 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, like the others said, sleeping patterns can change especially when there's a growth spurt or new milestone involved. Also, you may want to look at how your baby is sleeping throughout the day. 10-11 pm seems kind of late for a baby's bedtime. She may be getting overtired by staying up so late, which is why she's having a difficult time going to sleep and staying asleep. You may want to re-evaluate her bed time as well as her nap times. Just keep this in mind: sleep begets sleep. The more sleep she gets the better rested she'll be and in turn she'll sleep better. Good luck!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• she usually takes a nap around 12pm and then around 4 and then starts getting tired around 8 but will not go to sleep no matter what we do. But the last 3 nights she has been in bed about 830 and still gets up at 1.
    deliamomma09

Comment by deliamomma09 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's just a phase. She may be having a growth spurt
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Thank you all for your comments She has been asleep since 6 and woke up once and went back to sleep.
    deliamomma09

Comment by deliamomma09 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• The only osther problem i have been having with her is she is not wanting to eat really at all. she might eat 1/2 one jar of baby food at each feeding time. She will drink about 2 ounces of milk but thats about it. I have been trying to make sure she stays hydrated. I know alot of it could be from teething
    deliamomma09

Comment by deliamomma09 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Put one of your shirts on a bear and put it in the crib with her. If she wakes while you layin her down just patt her back to sleep. This worked for me many times.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's a phase.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010