I asked about dogs and daycare how about

cats? Would you send your child to a daycare with a cat?

bookworm23

Asked by bookworm23 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• sure~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would be more likely to send my child to a home with pets since we have some of our own and I know she enjoys them. My only concerns would be flea prevention. how accessible the litter box was and whether or not my child was ever going to be left alone with any animal. My kids love animals and are happy in their home daycare that has a dog and 2 cats.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't actually have a dog, would love to get one but probably won't. We do have a cat he is an inside/outside cat and is treated for fleas. No kitty litter box to worry about!
    bookworm23

Comment by bookworm23 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine are older and married now. But as long as I know the people and the cat it wouldn't bother me.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We are not a daycare, but a private special education school. 4 out of our 6 locations have pets. Children with autism typically respond very well to animal therapy. Although, we do keep a couple of facilities "pet free" for our students with allergies to cat and/or dog dander.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think pets are very good for everyone, so yes I would sent my child to a daycare that has cats.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not likely.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2010