Did you know Sept 11 is a National Day of Service?

http://911dayofservice.org/

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 9:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lori the Muslims lost innocence to. Not all the Islamics who died that day were extremists. No body is sugar coating any thing just trying to bring unity.

OP yes I knew. I'm lighting candles and saying an extra prayer. Thanks for sharing. You are right to many focus on the negative.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• That's what Obama calls it. But as far as I'm concerned our "national day of service" was LAST weekend!

Tomorrow is, and will forever be the day that Islamic terrorists flew planes in to building killing THOUSANDS of men, women and CHILDREN.

Obama, Democrats and liberals can "sugar coat" it all they want, but they will fail at erasing the events that occurred 9 years ago to anyone who TRULY cares!

You see, I also lost a close family friend that day...firefighter Michael Boyle. While YOU may have gotten over/accepted the loss of your friends and co-workers, I have not. To do so, would dishonor Michael's many contributions to humanity and the ultimate sacrifice of his life to save others. But, that's just me.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, if you aren't a New Yorker, then 9/11 didn't affect you, right, Lori? I mean, really?

As far as focusing on the positive, the only positive I will focus on is the way America came together after. 9/11 deserves a tribute unto itself.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OP like many of these other laides THIS day is not any 'day of service' for me..it is a day of reflection
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The first Labor Day in the United States was observed on September 5, 1882, in New York City, by the Central Labor Union of New York, the nation's first integrated major trade union http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day

Labor Day isn't a "day of service". It celebrates labor unions. I wish I could work on that day. I don't like unions. I also don't like the fact that PBO tried to deflect from the attack and call it a "day of service". And he wonders why people question his faith. I think that he thinks he is "softening" relations between the muslim world and the rest of us, but everything he does pushes us futher and further apart. He always seems to be on the side of muslims and not on the side of Americans. I don't think he intends to be that way, but he really comes across that way.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Lori, I hope that works for you on judgement day!

***
    Yeah, like St. Pete won't let me in, for holding responsible the f*uckin Islamic terrorists that flew planes into buildings and killed so many of God's children!!!!! Ooooh....I'm shaking.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Lori,

I don't know about you but I've had enough of the friggin' kooks for one day.

3000 people died that day.

The terror they must have felt when they realized that, though people were trying, they weren't going to make it.
    I could cry.
    You know.
    Like how you love your husband even more now than the day you got married and how precious that is.
    Some people here aren't ever going to get how we love our way of life here and how we want to save it.
    That's the good fight.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Rnurse, your treatment of Lori & Grace was hateful, crude and rude. I hope you don't treat sick people at the hospital that way.

As far as a day of service why, because Obama said so? It should be a memorial day for all the people that were murdered on 9/11.

Not a day to go out and work to please the little dictator in the white house.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The terror they must have felt when they realized that, though people were trying, they weren't going to make it.
    I could cry.
    You know.

***
    Grace--This is precisely why I (and every other person in the country should be FORCED to watch the graphic footage of that day every year!!

I just watched the National Geographic documentary, and it still makes me cry and my heart literally aches to watch the reactions of people on the street as the planes barreled into the sides of the towers, people crying for help, looking for loved ones, and jumping and falling to their deaths from the towers.

But, too many people find it too hard to watch. THIS is what happened on that day, and ignoring the stark reality, just makes it easier for you to ignore what happened. Americans SHOULD still be angry and saddened, and those who aren't, are the ones I feel sorry for.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Labor Day isn't a "day of service". It celebrates labor unions.

***
    Jesse, I understand that. What I was trying to infer, is that if Obama wanted to start screwing around with renaming events in history and holidays, he COULD have made Labor Day, his "National Day of Service."

The fact that he CHOSE to rename Patriot Day to suit his agenda, just shows, once again, he doesn't give a sh*t about this country or American citizens. And those who CONTINUE to blindly support him, are, IMO, cut from the same cloth as Obama.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010