2nd baby and babyshower ???

So I am having another. My son is 20months and I am 2months pregnant, So I am early but I want to know what you all think of 2nd baby baby showers.

My mom threw my first baby shower when I was pregnant with my son. It was huge because she invited her friends, my friends, family, etc. I had my son at 18 so all of the stuff I got was much needed and I was so happy that all of these people supported me and my mom and my fiance in the decision to keep our baby. We didn't have to buy anything for months. such a help

This time around I am a little more together and would rather not have any shower, but my mom will force it so I was thinking of a compromise. Maybe a Pamper Party. Where guests bring a pack of Pampers and for every pack they get entered into a raffle for a few nice prizes. <<

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think showers are a celebration of this particular baby so yes I like 2nd ,3rd,4th whatever showers. I have even heard of thoes refered to as Sprinkles as opposed to a shower but I think having a diaper shower is a great way to do it! Have fun and enjoy this pregnancy!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OP

Does this sound like a good idea, or no?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would definatly follow your heart on what you want but let your mom help. she just wants to be a apart of your experiences.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 9:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i dnt see anything wrong w/it, everyones differnt though. i hv friends who dare not have a second one but in my family we look forward to them.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had 2 baby showers with my 2nd shower when our 1st baby was only 18 months old. This is my 3rd baby 16 years after my last and I am not having one for many reasons that I won't get into even though we are starting all over and we are buying everything ourselves. To answer your question if you have your Mom wanting to give you one then do it and your idea sounds great. That way you will be stocked up for diapers and it's always nice to celebrate every baby and pregnancy.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I didn't have a second shower. I was planning on having a "Welcome Baby Party" where everyone could come to see the new baby. I ended up not having one... although many people did come to see the new baby on their own...
    The pamper party sounds like a good idea, it might be hard to convey what the party is through an invitation.

I simply wasn't comfortable having a second baby shower. In hindsight, it would have been fun- i just didn't want to be fussed over. Do what feels most comfortable to you. talk to your mom, she should understand. congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think a shower is a great idea! It's nice that your Children will be close together and you will have a lot of what you need. However, you can never have enough diapers, wipes, lotions, shampoos and etc. I woudl focus on getting those things. It will help save money.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My son is 2 and we are pregnant again. I wont be having another shower unless its a surprise or something. I just dont think its necessary. I will however have a welcome baby party and ask people NOT to bring gifts.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sounds fine to me!
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 1:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Our son will be four in December and we lost 3 babies between him and this one (I'm 6 weeks). If all goes well with this one, I'm hoping for a shower or some kind of party to celebrate this success and blessing! Once I get past 8 weeks (that's when I've lost the others) I think I'll feel better about starting to buy everything we need for this baby...and I mean EVERYTHING! We had resolved (after the last loss) to just be content with the amazing son we have, so we have nothing baby related anymore.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010