I am 18 weeks pregnant and I have a strange stomach shape. Why? Its weird.

This is my third....and above my belly button is rounded out and hard....right above my belly button is sort of like a lump and then it goes down underneath....like pudgy but not rounded out like above the button.

Its strange...even my dh thinks its odd....

What could be causing this strange shape...if I explained it well enough...hahahaha :)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would ask the doctor but my guess its that every pregnancy shape and pregnancy is different.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 9:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• maybe its your babys bum pand the head is down mine looks like this if i lay back or suck in are you skinny ive seen a lot of skinny pregnant people who dont seem to get the rounded look it just looks like a baby shape lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i meant to say my babys butt is so large and hard it sticks out at the top my dr got freaked out thinking it was the head and had to doube check its not it =s the butt so if they stick it out it looks funny
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had the same lump with my daughter and it was her bottom
    deliamomma09

Answer by deliamomma09 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's most likely the shape that your baby prefers to lie in. My son was up in my ribs and sideways pretty much the entire pregnancy. My stomach was weird too. It was huge, but really big on top, and smaller on the bottom. He never dropped, and was almost 9 lbs, so needless to say, I was miserable, lol. It was downright painful. I ended up having a c-section. The doctor said there was no reason why he wanted to stay like that. I think he was just stubborn, and nothing has changed, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• In the beginning of this pregnancy mine was like that too until I got further along and now it has rounded out as the baby and uterus has grown.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Could be babys butt?or head?
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 1:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Its your uterus. Its high and lowers as your pregnancy progresses. Its more noticable with each pregnancy.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2010