Can Babies Sleep in This?

I feel like the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear what you have to say. I just got the Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soother. Can I actually let my baby sleep in this thing? If he loves it, do I even need to try to put him in his bassinet/crib? He would be slightly elevated in the soother; I don't know if that's acceptable. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My doctor has always said crib is the safest on their back. Swings are okay only for napping during the day while you are awake to keep an eye on them.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They let my son sleep in a swing in the nicu bc that's where he wante dto sleep his pediatrician said he could even sleep in the carseat bc his acid reflux to be sitting up id have him elvated or on his side bc he'd vomit in the night and if he were on his back he'd choke
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• How old is baby? If he is big enough to wiggle and fall over to the side, then, not unless you can watch him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Taking a nap in it wouldnt be bad but i wouldnt start lettin him sleep in it like a crib.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I WOULDNT RECOMEND IT BUT IM SURE IT WOULD BE SAFE. BUT IF U ALLOW THAT GOOD LUCK GETTING BABY HAPPILY DOWN IN THE CRIB. EVER!!
    Brown-Sugga

Answer by Brown-Sugga at 2:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would only do it if I was right there watching. I think the products have warning labels stating not to have them sleep in them.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010