Were you polled regarding Mosque being built 2 blocks away from ground zero?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 9:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I understand what a poll is, but you can't say that it represents all of America when only so many were polled. THAT is what we don't agree with. It may represent those people, but it certainly doesn't project onto all of the rest of us, and if they WERE to poll all of the US, I'm betting their numbers would come out differently.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was on the fence about the mosque/community center (whatever it is being called now). I agreed with too many of the points all were making. Not now. I am firmly against it. The imam let it be known that we will be attacked if we don't build it!!! What!!! I don't do well with intimidation. It doesn't matter if we build it or not. If we don't, the jihadists hate us and will attack at some time. If we build it, the jihadist hate us and will attack at some point. We are already damned if we do and damned if we don't. Jihadist don't care. But DO NOT try to scare us into this. Now, who is the fear monger? I think the imam is. He tipped me to the don't build side, and I think that is where I will stay.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What just happened?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• A reminder for ya:

Tomorrow is the 911 anniversary.

The whole country suffered a terrible loss that day.

America suffered.

Not the same, physical way those people in The Towers, on the planes and at the Pentagon did. And their families.
    But the rest of us lost a great deal, too.
    We are entitled to our feelings about the proposed mosque.
    It's telling to me that you would not recognize or would choose to overlook that.
    Not surprising, but telling.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Lori, had a problem answering the simple question-
    Were you polled? Instead, she preferred to attack me!

***

LMAO!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Do you naysayers understand the definition of a POLL?!

A poll is a RANDOM sampling of a WIDE range of people. You know kind of like here on CafeMom Politics and Current Events!! If the opinions expressed in this section were a true representation of this country, I would be VERY scared for America.

There were 1009 people polled for the CNN/Opinion Survey...934 were registered voters.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, actually I was and I'm in TX
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm betting it would still show more feel the mosque site should be moved..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Nope. But it's not actually 2 blocks away, it's closer to 4 blocks away! and Even if it were right next door, I would completely support it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No, but I support it 100%.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010