What can you do to keep a scar from being raised?

Any one know how to treat a scar on a tender area on your chest? To keep it down and not raised. Any Scar creams of any use? Any good luck with any? Thank you for replying!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• idk of any topical stuff you can put on there but if it is a thick keloid scar you can ask your dermatologist about kenalog injections, they don't hurt and they make the scar lie flat
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• For over the counter products that have helped me are Mederma and Bio Oil
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i would suggest going to your local health food store and asking them... ive come to find that the natural oils and things they have and suggest at ours seem to work well for dermatologic issues.
    Mrs.Ren.Kutzler

Answer by Mrs.Ren.Kutzler at 10:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• keep it clean, aside from that there isn't much you can do. If it's a clean cut it typically doesn't scar with a raised welt, if it's jagged it might. A scar is based on how the tissue fusses so if you can, keep the wound tightly together.. butter fly bandages help with this as well. When I cut my knuckle off I used butterflies with some special glue for wounds like that, and unless you know what you are looking for you can't even see a scar.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• when you get cut use skin super glue. it keeps skin together and doesnt cause a scar.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010