all my four month old wants to do is watch tv!!!

every time i pick my son up he cry s he is only happy in front of the tv i want to play with him with out him wanting to watch tv but i don't want to take it away for good after all it is a great babysitter when i busy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try reading books with simple pictures. Like baby faces or color blocks. Play music. It may take some time to adjust but you should be able to teach him. After all, if you can't say no tv to your baby, how do you say no to your teenager.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It's really not good for kids that young to watch TV, I seriously doubt he's really watching the show, he probaly just likes the colors and the movement. I totally get the babysitter thing when you need to get things done. But I think you should limit his TV time, if he cries that's ok, your doing what is in his best interest.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My 3 yr old is addicted to TV, my 2 yr old would rather play outside. I think it is because I introduce the TV very early with the first.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 9:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• jeez... you are lucky. My little guy hates staring at the tv. I even tried those baby dvd's. Since he has been born, he just looks at everything else, and now wants to only explore our apartment, lol. Now I do not want him to love tv, but to be able to you know do the dishes or make breakfast would be nice to do with two hands instead of holding him while doing it, ya know.
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2008