Anyone else find it hilarious

That the christian community screams the loudest about "religious rights", but most of its followers claim that christianity is not a religion?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do find it laughable that American Christians seem to think we should feel bad because Christians in other countries are being treated terribly. I mean, there isn't much we can do about it now is there? Other then suggest maybe they should stop telling everyone they are wrong.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't know any Christian who claims that Christianity is not a religion.--

i know of very few, here on CM, but IRL, xtianity is xtianity..it is a religion. just l like buddhism or satanism. "most of its followers'' is not an accurate statement.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Not sure hilarious is the word for it, but it's interesting... What has always amazed me is Christians in this country has never had to fight for their rights, yet they are the ones that while about not having them the most... Those of us who have been on the "short end of the stick" are simply happy to have them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't claim christianity as a religion, at least not what I believe and practice. But "relgiious tolerance" is the common known phrase for "let me beleive what I want and practice how I want, as long as I obey the laws". I don't see how it's funny?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think you've met enough Christians to make that claim. In my experience, those who claim Christianity is not a religion are either a fringe element, have poor understanding of the concept of making religion personal or and are definitely not church goers as their Pastor would sure correct them on this account. I understand the point they are trying to get across but too many of them do so badly and cause damage and misconceptions such as yours.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you would study religions or christian rights in other countries and see how they are opressed and tortured, you would not be laughing so much.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was not aware that most christians claim that. Really? What is it then?
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I do find it interesting that some American Christians are confused when it comes to equality. Let any other religion have any sort of say and feathers get ruffled.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's because EVERYONE ELSE thinks of it as a religion.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Ironic I find more appropriate. I think Christians get the most rights and tolerance of any religion.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010