My husband lies to me

I have been married for 2 yrs and my husband lies to me. latley more than ever. Hes never lied about anything big(i guess that i know of anyways). We have talked about it and i just cant seem to get through to him that when your in a relationship and you love someone you dont lie!!! He says the reason he does is because he thinks i will get mad if he tells me the truth. Which ya maybe, but it makes me more mad when he lies. I cant trust him and i always think hes lying to me about everything now!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• That would drive me insane...I'm sorry momma
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My DH used to do this. I catch him everyone. He too was trying to avoid me getting mad. I get 10 times madder when I find out. I have really tried to chill out and not stress so much. He has since stopped lying.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• WOW! I would go crazy. I could NOT put up with that
    mom2alex17

Answer by mom2alex17 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• everytime, I meant.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My husband used to do this ALL the time. If he's lying about small stuff, I'd be worried about the big stuff coming around the corner. That's just me though.
    I'm sorry. I don't know any special way to break through to someone that kind of thing. He'll either decide to quit or he won't. Maybe even he can't DECIDE to quit. I know with my husband, he lied all growing up. It was a protection-thing. He would lie so he wouldn't get hit/"punished". He's spent A LOT of time dealing with it as an adult.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• The lying isn't going to solve any problems. Okay, you admitted that if he told you the truth that you would probably be mad. But lying and finding out the truth later isn't going to make the situation any better. Tell him that you really will be mad when he is caught in a lie. He should just go ahead and tell you the truth, at least then you can accept that better than a lie.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would tell him... You dont lie to people you love.. You are knowingly hurting someone by lying to them!

You can tell the truth & deal with it..
    Or you can tell a lie.. then have to deal with the trust issue/lying AND whatever the lie was about... why suffer the double whammy?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My first husband did that. He was the youngest of 7 kids. He lied a lot in childhood to get out of trouble and being the baby they let him get away with it. It started a life long habit of lieing to get out of trouble or get away with things. When we went to marriage counseling it came up but he didn't want to talk about it and just insisted he didn't lie even though there were times it was obvious he did. I would get so mad and just yell. I regret doing that but it really feel bad to be lied to by a husband. In the end it is the reason I asked him to move out. I just could not take it anymore. That was over 15 years ago. We are good friends and have been since after the divorce was final. He still lies though. It ended his second marriage. I feel bad for him sometimes because he just doesn't get how lieing hurts a marriage. He thinks its okay. I want him to be happy. I wish that for him.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010