is opening pandora's box in a relationship a good thing or bad thing? adult content

my meaning of this is having an open relationship whether married or bf/gf

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 10:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that all really depends on the couple. Some people can handle it, and some just can't.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• IMO a bad thing. Anytime you open your relationship to the "outside", you're asking for trouble.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• true story
    cute504dimples

Comment by cute504dimples (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• "Opening Pandora's Box" is always a bad thing. Pandora's box is like opening the gates of hell.
    In your meaning though .. having an open relationship is fine (for those who want it) if they're not in a serious relationship. However, with that I don't think you can be in a truely serious relationship if you're boinking/dating other people. Being commited is souly giving yourself to the relationship with ONE other person.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would NEVER
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No! No matter how strong you believe you or your relationship is. We did it in our marriage for fun and it caused a world of hurt and trouble. We are still together after 22yrs but we both regret that part tremendously. I think the people who believe they can do it are in complete denial. But that is just my opinion from my experience.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think it depends on the people and their situations.
    1stimeMomover30

Answer by 1stimeMomover30 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I could NEVER do it..
    But that doesnt mean its not going to work in other peoples relationship.. To each their own..
    I think before its done it should be researched. talked about. talked about some more. clear lines are drawn or whatever & always make sure to check back that everyone is really happy..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't chance it with someone I had kids with or if kids were in the mix.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010