The meaning of life?

My husband and I were just discussing this and he was asking why everyone thinks that life has to have a meaning. He asked what I thought the meaning of life is (how stereotypically cheezy does this sound, lol? and I realized that I think it's just to ENJOY YOURSELF! It's going to end like the blink of an eye for all of, and all of this worrying and hate will mean nothing. We'll have wasted time that we could have been enjoying. Even if we're not super rich, or famous, or perfect, we should still be happy. I know some things that are horrible happen, and in some instances why someone couldn't be happy, but for most of us, who have our children and health, we have everything.

What do you think is the "meaning of life"?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ultimately on the grand scale of thing and when looking at human life from a universal standpoint it has no meaning. We're just a brief blip on the universal radar of time and space. On a personal level from a human perspective the meaning of life is what you make it. Whether that be praying to Gods, being happy, raising a family, or making a million dollars. YOUR meaning of life revolves around your goals and what encourages you to keep moving forward.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The Meaning of Life... If you are referring to our life as humans on this earth. We were meant to worship God. We were created for His glory and to worship Him forever and ever. We were made to love in His Love to all.
    In matter of fact ALL creation was created to worship Him and created for His glory. All creation!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• 42 ;)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It depends on which life... Each life has a purpose and meaning, but each of us has a different goal, a different lesson which must be learned... Therefore a different meaning... None of us know what that purpose is or that lesson which must be learned... It's just something which has to happen for us to progress...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I believe she's referring to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. LOL In that movie they make a super computer that's supposed to tell them the meaning of life. When they come back for the answer. It tells them 42.

Anyways, I think the meaning of life is just pretty much what you said. Learning to be happy and to live for the moment. People depend way too much on outer circumstances to make them happy....dwelling on the past, worrying about the future or waiting for a future that is supposedly going to be "better". Now is as good as it's going to get.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• DragonRider - you beat me...I was going to answer "42" as well.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• to live each day the best we can, cuz thats all we can really do when it comes down to it

just enjoy life and not worry about things outside of our realm of control or understanding.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I believe that the ultimate purpose, what God wishes we would do, is to cultivate our humanity/spirituality, to grow in love and compassion. As well as to search for our piece of truth, to connect to Him in whatever way we find works best.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Q. 1. What is the chief end of man(kind)?
    A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God,[1] and to enjoy him forever.[2]

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Live life, learn from the good as well as the bad, help others when you can (there aren't any gods to take care of us so we have to count on each other) and face the end with satsifaction with the life you've led.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010