how do you take it when someone lies to you about something so little?

if your husband/wife, bf/gf or anyone lied to you about anything simple like for example paying the bills when they really didnt just to keep from arguing would you trust about anything else they say? i say once a liar always a liar.

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 10:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Saying they paid the bills when they didn't isn't something little. That's your livlihood that is at stake, that's not something to brush off. Now if he lied and said "I put the toilet seat down last night" then whatever. It's a blasted toilet seat and it makes no difference. That I wouldn't even think twice about. However, there are more sever lies like the one you mentioned that should be questioned and brought to attention. If they're doing it just so they don't start an argument then that's pretty petty. For the simple fact that if they'd just do it in the first place there wouldn't be an argument and lying causes an arugment anyhow. So with that said, yes once a liar always a liar for the most part. But for something like a toilet seat, whatever.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think it depends on the relationship. My husband and it back fired, I would be pissed as hell. A good friend pissed, but only if it came back to haunt me. Now other people I could care less. If it becomes a habit I just quite trusting them.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010