WHOLE MILK

Hi, has anyone had any problems w/constipation w/ switchin to whole milk? if so, what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ended up my child was sensitive to casein so we stopped with cows milk and use goats milk instead it tastes like crap to me but my son drinks it up...probably b/c it doesn't hurt his belly
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• the best way to do as my babys doc told me was to mix bottles for example one feeding formula then next bottle whole milk keep it like that for a few weeks till u notice there bowl movement is normal it took both my boys about 2 weeks to get used to it or one formula n two whole milks wich ever u think is better for u good luck mama
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Never gave mine whole milk, he went from formula to 2% milk at 8 months old and had no problems. Every child is different and can handle different things though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You just have to do it slow like an ounce a day for a while and then 2 etc. The protiens in milk are hard on thier tummies dont digest well so they have to get used to it.. If it keeps happening baby may not be able to handle the protiens and you may have to switch to almond milk or something to that nature :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• nope we had no problem
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• More water and more fruit will help. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2010