How would you??

I am dating a guy that has a 16 year old son who is sexually active with his 16 year old girlfriend (she was his first, but she's been around). Today my SO just told me that his son's gf called him to tell him that she had an STD. We need to have a talk with his son and get him checked. But I'm not sure how I should be involved in the conversation, but my SO feels that since I know about it, I should be involved.... what would you do in this situation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• it may make your BF's son uncomfortable to have you there...that's what i think anyway...seems like that is a conversation your BF needs to have with his son...is he just trying to make you do it so he doesn't have to deal with it?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It depends on your relationship with his son. If you and him get along, you're like a friend or a mother to him then you can sit in. If he doesn't care if you exist or really doesn't have an opinion either way then you probably shouldn't. This really should be between his father and him. If you feel like you need to sit in maybe you should be a silent party. You just want to keep him from getting too uncomfortable.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I truly think this is an issue between the son and his father,
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Be present but let him tell him...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You could be present I would think if you're close to him, but if not I would let your SO handle this.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would set there quietly, and offer support or advice when needed.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010