calcium during pregnancy

I just switched to a new prenatal w omega 3 I had already been taking it w my reg one but this just bundled it but my dr said they skimp on the calcium in this one it 150mg I know that's low I drink 2 over 8 oz full glasses a day and I have been taking a supplement once a day but it says twice so should I take it twice it would be 1150 a day plus we I get drinking milk... my ob told me not to over do the calcium but idk what is correct amount wise anyone know?

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• as long as ur drinkn milk n eating foods with calcium ur good u dont wanna over do it.
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Okay I don't want to add anymore pills either I'm on 2 super bs a day w aspirin and the multi plus a calcium and I just found out this new vitamin has xtra b and folic acid I have a deficincy in b and folic acid so she told me I couldn't over dose on it but I am getting a huge amount a day and I have to stay on this indefinately bc I have a gene mutation and the only reason I'm good at taking them now is bc I'm pregnant
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was terrified about not having enough calcium. I started getting wicket hearburn and started taking Tums all the time. Ended up between my pre natal and my tums I was at my daily consumption and I wasn't even trying that hard.
    1stimeMomover30

Answer by 1stimeMomover30 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010