OB/GYN, doctor, someone that can possibly, accurately assess my situation...

I know that without going to the doctor and actually getting examined, I'm not going to get an accurate answer, but if you're a doctor, OB/GYN, or someone that can read my situation and possibly give me an idea of what's happening I would greatly appreciate it. How typical is this? How likely is it that it's just a hormonal imbalance or is it more likely to be something more than that?
I was on the shot from 05-2004-01/2009, periods slowed and then stopped around 01/2005, and didn't start back up until 01/2010. My first one was 50days and very light...since then the most time in between periods was about 2wks, some periods have been "normal" lasting a week and being of normal flow, others have been about 2wks long and very light. With some of them I have the PMS symptoms (cramping, sore back, tender breasts), others I have no symptoms and BAM it's here.

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• These are the dates for my "period"
    1/11-2/28, 3/12-3/17, 3/25-3/30, 4/29-5/8, 5/11-5/20, 5/29-6/3, 6/21-6/28, 7/5-7/13, 7/19-8/7, 8/24-8/30, 9/8-still
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My BF was on the shot for 5 years, when she went off it her periods were messed up also. It took about a year and a half for it to even return then after that she would go a couple of months without having it then have one two weeks later. I've heard that it's normal to have a "messed" up cycle after going off the shot.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've heard from several people that it's normal for them to be messed up for a while, I just kind of thought it would've straightened itself out by now...I have no insurance yet, I'll be getting it in about a month, and I'll definitely be getting it checked out then, I just hoped that maybe by reading my situation, someone might be able to give a heads up on what to expect when i go to the doctors. And actually an added question to anyone that reads this...what all do I need to have done?? It's been almost 2yrs since my last exam...I know I need at least a pap done, but what else should I ask for, especially in the sense to make sure that this gets corrected...???
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• The shot does that to me too, it messes with my body. I was on it before kids, and it was great, I didn't even have side effects. But after kids, I have had terrible side effects that make me miserable. I would just see your doctor if I were you.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010