Anyone else have a baby who has a flat head in the back from laying down?

My son is 5 months and his poor head is flat from laying down. We do belly time and everything. Is there a way to correct this or will it happen on its on?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 10:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No idea. My daughters head is perfectly round. Bump!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 10:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• try rotating his sleeping position to put pressure on a different spot. Prop him up during the day in an exersaucer or bouncy seat to get him off his head. If he cant sit up in the exersaucer on his own we rolled towels and tucked themin the front and back for added support. If you really think its an issue have your ped. look at it.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• try liein him sides eventualy it will go away
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Nope, I rotated mine, his is round.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My daughters head was flat on the back because she used to sleep in the swing at night. Everytime she was down she screamed bloody murder.. So her royal flattness is now applying to colleges so it didn't seem to make any difference on development.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with keep rotating him. I'm not sure if you can still try to shape his head @ 5mn.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my sisters baby is 5 months old and his head is like that they do tummy time to but im not sure if it wil correct on its own or not
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes my son did. theres this crib wedge u can put on his sides so u can change the position he sleeps.
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010