if you have been with a person for 10yrs do you think the love is still there as if you have just met????

out of all the ups downs, fussing or maybe not even that do you think your significant other will still feel the same for you 10yrs from now????

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 10:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• well next month we will be 17 yrs married and about 20 yrs together... no the love is not the same... it is much much much deeper.

It may not be the butterflies from when we first met... but love is so much stronger than the infatuation that you feel when you first meet.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I completely agree with sahlady...well said!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We have been together for 10 yrs now and the love is better than it was back then.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• after 12 years, its not the same, its better. we know each other, that sounds strange, but its exactly that. he still makes me get butterfly's, too, which is awesome
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 11:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my SO and i have only been together 4 years but we are so much more in love now than ever before. it's all those road bumps along the way that allow you to bond and grow closer. each day you get the opportunity to learn a little more about your SO and if you're really right for eachother each new piece of the puzzle will make you fall more in love. do i think we will be the same at 10 yrs as we are now? nope...i think we'll be a thousand times stronger, happier, and more crazily in love than ever!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• At the 10 year mark is when a marriage goes into a deeper kind of love that gets deeper as time goes on even with ups and downs.

After close to 20yrs being married and over 22 years together with many ups and downs it grows deeper. No marriage or relationship will ever be like it was in the beginning. There probably wouldn't be such a high divorce rate if it was how long term relationships truly are,
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have to agree and we're only at half that amount of time. We've been together for almost 6, lived together for 4 yrs now, and married for a little over a year. I definitely feel a change in the love, but it's for the better. We know each others like and dislikes (in many ways), we know how to push each others buttons, we know how to cheer each other up. I do still catch myself looking at him thinking, how did I manage to marry a man this wonderful!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We haven't hit the 10 year mark (unless you count our friend ship and then its almost 13) but we've been married almost 7. And you know what, no, after 7 years I don't feel the same as I did when we first got married. I love him more, I love him more deeply, I appreciate him more, and I'm even more sure in our life together than I was 6 years ago.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I still have the butterflies and feel a much deeper connection with my hubby. Now, I feel that we can do anything and everything. We have been through so much since our wedding day and we are stronger for every one of those things. Anything worth having is hard work. Marriage and family are very hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It depends on what you put into it and who you choose. When it is right, with time it gets even better. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010