Sometimes I feel Ike less of a woman for never giving birth

Before july my husband and i decided that instead of trying to conceive we would just stop trying to not have a baby. My husband travels for weeks at a time so I try to let it be what it is. He's not always here when I'm fertile. I figured I would be relaxed but as soon as we decided to stop trying to not have a baby I felt like I should get pregers in no time and now I am "trying". I am a doula. I know how it works but I feel as if I am less of a woman for never getting pregnant. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are not any less of a woman, when the time is right for you it will happen. Try to keep your thoughts positive. Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You are a whole woman. What about moms that adopt,,are they not women still? Did they loose part of themselves b/c they didnt give birth? No., they became mommies. You have other options, you dont have to wait to conceive, but you will always be a full woman no matter if you give birth or not
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I understand how you feel. I'm an adoptive mom without any biological children. Most of the time, it doesn't bother me but sometimes it'll just hit me that I've never been pregnant and now probably never will.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• you're not... and intellectually you know it... now convincing the rest of you ... that can be harder. Maybe talking to other mom's who have never given birth?
    I'm not sure but I did want to let you know that YES you ARE a TOTAL woman ....
    ((((((hugs))))))
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010