How long do your kids spend doing homework a night?

On an average?

My daughter might spend 1 hour a night with regular high school courses and all A's and B's.

My son goes to regular high school in the morning and in the afternoon he goes to a math and science center. He can spend anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hours or more a night. He usually gets all A's in all his classes.

My step son might crack a book open, if he brings one home and gets really poor grades.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in

• It depends on how much he gets doing during school. He has block scheduling, so they tend to get time at the end of class to work on homework. We will see how much he gets for his Freshman year, homework really starts next week. But anywhere for 30 minutes to a couple of hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We homeschool, so no homework now, or maybe it's all homework, who's to say? Anywhoo, when my kids were in public school my grade schooler typically had more homework than my middle schooler - every night she would spend an hour or more doing the daily math homework (which is on top of the daily in class math assignment, so sometimes she would have two math papers to finish at night), her required 30 minutes of silent reading and then whatever else she didn't finish in class, and this was third grade and up. My middle schooler would finish her assignments in class or bring home maybe 20 minutes worth a night, most of the time she would finish up leftover work in other classes when she had down time. Both girls had good grades, mostly As with a B every now and then.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• less than an hour. He's got Special Ed and its a long enough day as it is. He needs a chance to wind down, not do MORE work.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My son spends on average 30 minutes a night, but we are just at the start of the school year. His teacher did say she wasn't big on giving home work so I think it will not be too bad.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my kids aren't old enough for home work.. but here's a bump!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010