My mother, sister, and aunts are jerks. Who else agrees?

My mother, sister, and two aunts were at the nursing home visiting my grandmother one dated when one of my aunts suggested that a girls' vacation (just the girls, no SO's) be arranged so that all of the girls could relax, unwind, and then come back. However, I was not invited. I am 23 years old, and taking six credit hours in college. I have a 16 month old son who easily could have been watched by his other grandma for a few days while I went along. Who else thinks the fact that they didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted to go or not and just assumed I didn't, then not even bother to ask me so I could turn them down if I had to, is rude?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Oops. Correction. Day, not dated.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would have to know the entire situation before an appropriate answer could be given. I try not to assume things about people when I haven't heard their side of the story.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think it is rude, they see that you are driven to succeed and they don't want to interrupt your schooling or your life with your baby. You will have plenty of time to vacation when you are less busy. If you think about it, would you actually be able to enjoy it or would you be too worried about your classes or your little boy? I know I would be a mess (but that is just me)...this is petty, let it go. Keep going forward on your school work and just look forward to making a plan maybe next year or in a few months with maybe some friends instead.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• how old are they? did they go with out you? or just thinking about it?
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Maybe they thought that since you were the younger generation you wouldn't want to hang out with them or that with college you would not be able to just get away.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• 1) are you only assuming you are not included or did you ask and was told you were not included?

2) I would think there would be a significant age difference and maybe they just thought you wouldn't want to go or wouldn't be comfortable going.

Before you get all upset, I would call Mom and tell her how you feel. I am sure it was not an intentional slight
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You need to provide more information before I can form an opinion. Is this a typical pattern for them to exclude you? Were you present when this conversation took place?
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I was not present when said conversation took place. My sister, who is 30, mentioned it to me, and then, afterward, I asked my mom if it were true, and she said yes. Even after the aunt who suggested the trip found out that I had heard about it, she did not ask if I would like to join. The reason I was given was that, 'oh, you'd be in school,' which wasn't even possible considering that my son's other grandmother, we found out, would also not be in town at the same time. We found this out after the 4 of them, independent from them had purchased tickets though. To top it off, another reason cited was that I wouldn't be able to pay for my ticket, but my AUNT PAID FOR MY SISTER'S TICKET. This is not the only time I have been excluded from events...on two other occasions they have all done something together and not even asked if I wanted to go. They are currently on said vacation.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They should have asked you and worked around your schedule. Idk why they didn't. Plan your own trip. Go w/ ppl you want to and have a good time.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oops. I meant independent from me. I cannot type tonight:).
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010