Co-sleeping, to crib

My one month old co-sleeps in his little sleeper bed with us. I'm wondering, when did you, if you co-slept, break your LO into his or her own crib in a seperate room?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• About 6 months
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My babies sleep/slept with us at night until about 7 month. They slept in their cribs for naps and often started the night in a basinet next to our bed and moved to our bed around 3am. We fully moved out oldest into another room at 10 months, but he didn't sleep through the night until 1yr old so it was difficult. Our youngest (6months) is sleeping at night with us in during the day in a crib.
    I say move your baby whenever you feel it's time. If you need your space or baby is not sleeping well with you anymore then it's probably time to start the transition. Good luck!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I didn't really have to. My daughter just started falling asleep in her pack and play by herself at night right before we would go to bed, so we let her sleep in it. She still does because she sleeps right across from us (in the next room, but within sight and only about 8 feet away at the most) and she doesn't try to climb out of it (she's almost 2 now) unless she gets mad at us for putting her in it before she's ready for a nap. Some babies transition really easily, and some don't.

If you're breastfeeding, I would recommend waiting until your baby sleeps through the entire night, because I know from experience that it's a pain to try to get up and go get the baby and feed them, then go back to bed (that's one reason why I started co-sleeping, but not the only one).

If you aren't, then whenever you're ready to try it, go for it. It might take a while, but just be patient. You can transition whenever you're both comfortable.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well honestly I had the babies in the bed with me until I dropped them out on their heads. Then they stayed in the bassinet next to me until they rolled around or kept me awake at night.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• She went to her own crib at about 3 1/2 months. Before that she co-slept with me or my hubby. We took turns. If he had to work, I slept with her. And if he was off the next day, he had her so that I could catch up on rest.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• @ 26months she began sleeping in her own bed in her room.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's different for everyone.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When the children were old enough to have their own bed, that is where they started the night. By morning, we would frequently find all 4 of them in our bed. I guess you could say we had a family bed. The children started staying in their own beds by the age of 10 to 12 years old.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my baby slept with us until he was a month old then we moved him into his own bedroom in his crib heard co-sleeping is a bad idea
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wont be putting him in any crib. For one, it takes up room, no money and no need. We co sleep on my bed and he will until he is 2 or so and has his own toddler bed.
    busybumblebe848

Answer by busybumblebe848 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010