Have you ever gotton dirty looks for using a swim diaper?

My husband and I took our 2 year old son to the pool today and while he is almost potty trained he still does have the occasional accident. So, just in case he did and out of courtesy to others in the pool I put a swim diaper on him. No big deal right? Wrong! I have never had so many people look at us weird and a few people told me he shouldn't swim if he can't use the toilet. One old lady mentioned something about it and I just told her what I just told you ladies and she started to tell him that he needed to learn to poop in the potty so he can swim. When I told he it wasn't her place to tell him that she got all huffy and stomped out to her car. Geez!

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 11:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would rather see your son in a swim diaper then doo doo in the dang pool! Wth,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• WOW! I don't know that many 2yr olds that ARE potty trained, So congrats!
    In the future, to avoid such mean people, maybe put the swim diaper under his trunks, then no one will be the wiser :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Some people just don't know when to mind their own business!!! Pool rules say swim diaper right? Then you did the right thing, screw them!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Wow! Screw people like that. I took my son is the pool this summer, with a swim diaper and trunks. If someone had said that to me I'd have told them to mind their own damn business, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's rediculous that you even had to put up with this. We put our kids in swim diapers and even took them to an indoor water park resort where the lifeguards told us that they would rather they wear a swim diaper than not and even had signs hanging around that said that children who were not completely potty trained should wear an approved swimming diaper. What nerve that woman had!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• He did waer trucks over his swim diaper but they were a friend's son and they were a little big so everyone could see the top of the diaper.
    luvsmysonjames

Comment by luvsmysonjames (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• they should all shove it and next time, I will send my son there with his swim diaper on who.. also seems to have a diarreha attack / diaretic influence from pools because the child craps himself 3-4 times everytime ( all 2 times ) we go to a place with a pool hheehhee.. suckers...lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with beyond hopes! Swimming diapers are way better than poop in the pool!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Way to go mom!!!!
    I liked what you told them. I know everybody knows how to raise our kids but us right. Ha ha. Yes my son uses those little swimmers. Yes ppl look at us funny. I guess if you want you can put trunks on top of the diaper so nobody sees.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• nah i never worried about what total strangers thought. Let em look, maybe I'll flash em a pretty smile and wave (with middle finger extended) ;)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2010