what can stop my niples to cracked and bleed

i always have cracked niples and bleeding too and too lessmilk that my baby cry after i feed him and then i have to give hm formula and until my niples have pain i cant feed him i dont no what to do to stop this cracking and produce alot of milk because i really hate the taste of formula milk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lanisoh cream is amazing. They sell it at Walmart, Target, etc. It is about $10 for a tube- but it will last until your nipples toughen up for breastfeeding. Nipples may still hurt for awhile; but by the third month your breasts should not be painful anymore. I hope this helps.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• What?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used breastmilk on my nipples when they were cracked in the beginning. Lanisoh also helped a lot! Try mother's milk tea and fenagreek to help increase your milk supply. I had to use both but went to the mothers milk tea only b/c the fenagreek was upsetting my sons tummy(that could be a side affect if your baby has a sen. tummy) but the tea is gentile enough. and I also pump in between feeding to "trick" my body into thinking I need more. hope this helps and good luck!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 4:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If your baby is crying at the breast and you are having nipple pain have you looked into thrush to see if that is the problem? As others have said breastmilk, lanisoh, oil based nipple creams found in health stores, and I think Gerber has a "soothing" pad for your nipples.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used Lansinoh Lanolin cream and that helped out. Use it everytime you breastfeed and don't forget or else your nipples are going to hurt!
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use Medela's Tender Care Lanolin & it works great. I've also used the Lansinoh lanolin, as well. You can find the Medela lanolin at any Babies R Us.
    AshleighsMamma

Answer by AshleighsMamma at 9:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• for milk production i am using something called fenugreek and for nipple pain using lansinoh
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2010