Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My Girlfriend

I have a CM friend who is in a big time divorce from a nasty man - she has no money, no clothes for her kids, working 2 jobs while her family helps her, I am giving her my sons items which are too small which should fit her son, she makes too much for assistance ( working at a retail store as a clerk mind you ) and her soon to be ex is dragging their divorce out as much as possible to avoid her from getting any money.. I am living paycheck to paycheck as it is and being she doesn't qualify for anything making $7/ $9 / hour- what are her options even? I am sick for her.. I am helping her with school clothes for her daughter and supplies but where else can she go????


Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 29 (40,703 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • check with the local ministerial alliance, they will help out in cases where the system fails


    Answer by scout_mom at 12:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • Look into all local charities..

    Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • Salvation Army, Local Churches....Good Luck.

    Answer by hsmominky at 1:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • It's really hard to watch that happen. I have a great friend who's husband died, who now works 7 days a week waiting tables. Her income is less than her mortgage alone and she can't get help either.
    It's good to help her with clothing for her son - every little bit helps. But don't go to far in making her "your project" - that can throw a friendship off-balance. Good luck!

    Answer by caseyandkids at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2010