What is your reason for WANTING to be a SAHM or Working Mom?

Whats your reason for *WANTING* to be a SAHM or Working Mom?
Whats the end goal you are trying to get to with the path?
Would you be happy always being a SAHM/WM?
Or do you plan to change that at a certain time in your life?

(I understand some SAHM dont want to be-but are forced right now for some reason.. And some WM's would rather be SAHM, but cannot for financial reason-not what this question is about :) )

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am (and want to be) a SAHM. I love my children more than anything and want nothing more than to be with them. I get bored sometimes of course. But you get bored at a job sometimes too. Some say they need the validation and self-worth a job brings, but I get that from being a good mommy. I would like to remain a SAHM at least until both babies are in Kindergarten, but also be there when they get home from school. I plan on possibly substitute teaching when that time comes so I can still be there for them.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I want to be a sahm cause I like my kids better than anybody on the planet. I am stuck working cause I need the money and when I retire I don't want them to have to care for me.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When my two oldest children were 1yr and 2yrs old I was trying to go back to school and I put them in day care. Every single time I would go pick them up their pampers were saggy and they had my 2yr old outside in the heat with all the older kids. That day I vowed to never again put them in daycare and I became a SAHM. So, four more kids later, Lol, I'm still a SAHM, but now I'm going to school part time while they're in school. I still love it. It's the greatest thing being able to go and eat lunch with them at school or volunteer at their school fieldtrips.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 12:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We feel the early years are vital to character and personality development.
    The best way to influence and shape our son's outlook and love for learning
    and life is by spending time with him.

Homeschooling is our goal at this time, but if either of us isn't comfortable or
    compatible with it, we'll look to other options.

I would like to go back to school someday, but don't see myself working for
    quite awhile, outside the home. There's sure enough plenty of work inside
    it, lol.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 12:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i didn't WANT to be a SAHM - but I wanted my son - we waited until we were as financially stable as possible at 29 and had him.
    My end goal has changed to him being and having better opportunity than we EVER had..
    NO
    I plan to change my feelings often
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i want to be a working mom because i like getting out of the house, socializing, having my own paycheck and contributing money to my family. i go crazy sitting in a house all the time and sometimes i just need a break from all the things i do around here.
    but i wish i could stay home with my children for the first year of there life.
    im a SAHM right now, finishing college and looking for a job.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think ANYONE can raise my kids as well as I can and I wouldn't want to let a random person have such a big role in my child's life. I don't think it's natural so I don't see why you wouldn't stay at home if you could.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Whats your reason for *WANTING* to be a SAHM or Working Mom? I wanted to breastfeed successfully for as long as possible and I wanted to raise my own kids, not have to pay someone else to do it. And I didn't want to miss my kids all day while I was at work, miss milestones, etc.

Whats the end goal you are trying to get to with the path? Happy, well-adjusted children who are stable and contributing members of society, with minimally rebellious teenage years lol.

Would you be happy always being a SAHM/WM? No.

Or do you plan to change that at a certain time in your life? I want to be a midwife and will take an apprenticeship when my kids are old enough to not need me around all the time and I have the ability to leave them with someone I completely trust.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Whats your reason for *WANTING* to be a SAHM or Working Mom?
    I didn't want someone else raising my kids and me never seeing them. I was pregnant with my first and I worked 12 hours I would never see my kids. I worked 7am-7pm wouldn't get home until 7:30 and then by time give kids dinner and bath it would be bedtime especially now with my 5 year old in school. I have been a SAHM since I was 7 months pregnant with first baby. Plus even if I wanted to work I don't have a sitter and daycare it would cost mor than my payckeck so what is the point in working?

not sure. Never thought about it, it was just something I always wanted to do to stay home with them. And luckly I am able too.

yes I would

Nope I plan on being a SAHM for a while.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Im a SAHM. I want to raise my kids. There are things I (personally) would not be able to do if i worked. I dont think Id be the best at being a mom if i also had to balance that with working.
    If I am a SAHM/wife forever that would be great to me. Raising my kids. Being active in my kids schools, and community would keep me busy for many years.. After that Id have some more me time, but then hopefully be on "active-duty" as #1 Granny! ;)

Money is not at the top of my list, I dont wish to live "bigger & better".. Id rather live with less materials but more time than have more materials/income & know my family less..
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010