asking again...

Does this happen to your child ever?
Last night I picked my son up from his daycare, he said he was very hungry ( which we think he's in a growth spurt for other reasons also!) So I said Ok buddy, when we get home I will make you something, then he said,. mommy I'm sick - I said we will be home in 10 minutes buddy and I will take care of you - I look back and within seconds he went white/grey skin, sunken eyes and sweat running from his hair and beads of sweat all over his face neck and his shirt was damp.. we got home and I rushed to make him 2 large hot dogs with buns and he ate them within 4 minutes. within an hour he was back to normal running talking and playing.. this happen to your babies?? he will be 3 in Nov. I talked to our provider and we get a daily sheet of what he ate and she said he ate everything and will just make sure to add an extra snack and watch him today - would you take your child in for this??

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My middle son used to get sick when he got too hungry. All of my boys have a very high metabolism and are very thin (take after their dad) so they can't go very long without eating, but my middle son literally had to eat every 2 or 3 hours at the longest or he would throw up from being hungry.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 12:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If it keeps happening I would. It could be something with his blood sugar.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes thats not normal even if he was hungry and to eat two hot dogs in 4 mins thats fast for a kid.... i would def make a dr appt
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would definitely mention it to his pediatrician. He could be enemic or hypoglycemic. It's always better to be safe than sorry, especially when talking about our babies. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• u might wanna have him checkd for diabetes my friends two yr would get like that about the age turned out she has low bloode sugars some times causing her to almost pass out his bloode sugar might b droppin realy low for him to get like that..good luck n watch him carefuly watch for how much he wants to drink also
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• He is constantly thirsty, or I should say its been a noticable change to me how much more he wants water..ugh.. didn't even think about those 2 relating..
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Do you ever ask him what he ate that day? Something is definitely going on and if those symptoms happened with my son I would definitely be concerned. If it doesn't happen at home ever and it happens repeatedly all the time at daycare I would have to conclude that something was not right there. It may not be neglect. It may be that he is given their food but doesn't like it and doesn't eat it? In any case, the symptoms aren't normal. I would talk to your gen'l physician and get professional advice. If it is something like blood sugar, it could be cause for alarm!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well we recently started with her 2 months ago, I and he LOVES her, he has dietary restrictions as needing a certain amount of fiber in order to stool correclty per a diatician and his Ped and I did bring this up to her and she did say he ate everything where she never once had to ask him to finish what he ate, we get a daily sheet of what they ate, but because hes' vocal, I still ask and he does tell me so I don't think neglect being we took him from a center he HATED and was clear about that each moment and being a very sensitive personality anyway - you would know, but I do wonder the severity of an episode like this is given his familys history - or even without that I guess
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• O boy, he may have had low blood sugar. He needs to see the doc. They can draw insulin levels and a hemoglobin a1c. Please set your alarm and check on him a couple times tonight.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• He needs to be checked asap btw.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010