Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

need some advice on what to do

i got pulled over last weekend and i got two tickets one for no insurance on me ( i have full coverage and it will be dropped) and another ticket for loud music.. and the ticket for loud music is a criminal ticket so there for it will be on my background .... i need to get a lawyer byt i have talked to a couple of them and im wondering if i should try to fight it my self. i have only a seat belt ticket like 4 years ago that i paid other then that my driving record and background are clean... what should i do? pay 1000 dollars for a lawyer or zero and do it myself? didnt know what to put this under so i just did money and work...

Answer Question

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 13 (1,111 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • hire a ticket attorney most def.

    Answer by 1stimeMomover30 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • It's always best to hire an attorney.

    Answer by m-avi at 12:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • i guess i cant get over the fact of what if i loose with an attorney and have to pay 1000 dollars to them plus still get found guilty..then it would be even more..

    Comment by firstimemomm603 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • Most lawyers operate now, that they don't collect unless you win. And are you sure it's going to be a 1,000 to pay them??? That seems like a LOT for traffic tickets.


    Answer by Ks_mom94 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • yes it is because it is a criminal case. for music i know it is stupied but that is the laws here i guess

    Comment by firstimemomm603 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • If you were playing your music too loud, why not just accept the consequences of not following the law? And why will your insurance be dropped? Providing proof of insurance coverage on the day you got the ticket should be enough evidence to get that ticket dropped. The insurance company can document you were covered on that day, even if they drop the coverage the next day.

    Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • What will the punishment be if you plead guilty? What have others been able to have it reduced to if they plead not guilty or otherwise have the ticket reduced or thrown out?

    If the difference between the two is significant to you, then get the lawyer. Good luck!!! I hope it works out for you.

    Answer by science_spot at 8:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • There is a plan called ID Secure Net Plus and it might help you. With the plan there are free and DEEPLY discounted legal services plus other services. It is really a great plan to have because you never know when stuff like this will happen. And there isn't a contract so you could always just cancel it when you are done if you don't want to keep it. It has ID theft protection and roadside assistance as well though, we LOVE it. It's only $19.95/mth so really cheap


    Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 9:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • Im a legal broker,(LICENSED) I would not recommend ID Secure NEt, the Firms have bad rating on the BBB!!!!! They do not deliver, not worth the hassle!





    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • I DO RECCOMMEND A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL NATIOWIDE GROUP, That works with an A+ RATED Underwritter. I have used this service myself and tell you what, these lawyers are agressive!!! I mean agressive!! and may even get things taken care of BEFORE Court! Meaning no court for you :0)

    The will give you all the advice you need to get thebest outcome for you!! And in the future I would have this service, its 24/7/365 service. Your lawyer will be available to you all hours when it comes to arrests etc...

    Let me know if you need more help


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.