I need ideas for a 5 year olds birthday party?

We don't have a lot of money, but i want to be able to do something for my daughters birthday in October.

mandic

Asked by mandic at 1:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How about a Carnival theme. I saw a lot of cute ideas for it in the "Oriental trading company" catalog. Type that name in your search bar and order their catalog. The prices are great!
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 2:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you know someone with a farm I would suggest a simple party with a hayride as the big "fun thing" - provided whoever you know is willing to do it for free.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• we're doing a halloween theme. hers is in oct too. the kids really love to dress up and bob for apples.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:21 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• oriental trading also has good inexpensive crafts that the girls could do too. we usually do coloring pages while the kids are arriving. then we play musical chairs, only the chairs are their color pages. we have done pin the watch on swampfire, and the lightsaber on darth vader. if it is nice outside, the kids really like to get out and play. you could set up a scavenger hunt. a game girls might like could be a dress up relay.
    you could also get foam princess crowns from michaels and decorate them with foam stickers or glitter glue.
    what is your daughter's favorite character?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• October? Pumpkin patch! My youngest's birthday is in October and I was thinking the same thing.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2010