Where would you advertise online or offline if you had the budget?

I am wanting to promote a food product company that is giving away food and company shares to the founders. I would like to know what companies you have worked with before or websites where you would buy advertising from if you had the budget to do so. Whether it is a basic banner or paid classified ad, or who knows, the thought just came to my mind before going to bed.

Here at Cafemom is a given... like the pampers ad, that is the type of advertising I am looking for.

Nohardship

Asked by Nohardship at 2:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• That's a hard one because for me my business is service based not product based so I promote on sites that are related. Like for example I have a solo email that goes out each week with one of the work at home mommy sites and that is my favorite marketing. I would google related sites to what you are promoting and then check each sites rating on alexa.com to see how much traffic and the demographics for the site

HTH :-) Good Luck
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 8:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Cafemom for sure, i know many woman on here need help with forclosure, bill collections, court fines,evictions, Will preperation, then it would be the local newspapers website

We provide a service not a physical product.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• thank you ladies for your responses, I am really hoping that a member of cafemom has a business in marketing. I am sure if I spent days and days doing it myself I could get it done, but I am not a professional in this at all.
    Nohardship

Comment by Nohardship (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You'll want to set up a Merchant Circle account and a Facebook and Twitter page. And also a blog. Set up an account on LinkedIn and join groups there and network.

You can purchase text and banner ads using services like Google AdWords and Yahoo. You can also purchase advertising space on business directories.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was thinking of using google ads, and advertising on blogs but not one of my own since I would not bring in enough traffic to merit spending so much time doing that.

I have looked into possibly the following websites, about.com, modernhomemodernbaby.com, cafemom.com, and working on finding a site like http://www.smartmompicks.com to do an article review of the product.

I really think that I could do pretty good in WAHM sites as well, but I would probably need to hire someone to create the campaign (banners, text ads, and such) for me.

What do you think?
    Nohardship

Comment by Nohardship (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Networking! You need to be where your target audience is.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My target audience is people that eat food, want to have plenty of food in storage in case of a disaster, and need read to eat meals in 20 to 30 minutes, or go camping.

Age group would probably be anyone over the age of 18

Live in the USA

Able to shop online

Nohardship

Comment by Nohardship (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Onlie
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I meant *online.
    Mom2Just1

• While I think advertising with Google Adwords and Facebook are great, it's important to first ensure that you have developed a sound Internet strategy based on the following: ensure that you have the correct keywords placed on your site for the search spiders; work to develop articles and posts with links to track back to your website; learn no-cost techniques to use with Facebook and other social networks. Once you know that others are visiting your site from due to your strategy, you'll then know what keywords to use in paid advertising.

Trina Newby
    http://www.WomenAboutBiz.com
    Start, Promote & Grow Your Business
    FREE Membership!
    tnewby

Answer by tnewby at 6:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010