How do you get rid of acid reflux even after taking your medications?

newmom052010

Asked by newmom052010 at 2:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• drink about .25 of a cup of water with a teaspoon of baking soda! Walla, you will be burping in no time.
    Nohardship

Answer by Nohardship at 2:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I didnt. It was my only complaint while pregnant. It was horrific. I would sit up in bed all night and if I tried laying down would literally choke on acid. I had an RX for Zantac, which at the time wasn't OTC. It didn't help. I chewed Tums like they were M&M's. Nothing helped. I tried drinking milk and that REALLY made the acid come up. Everyone said baby would have lots of hair when born(there is scientific relevence to that) but mine came out bald as could be. And interestingly, I had far less acid reflux with 2nd baby and she came out with a dusting of peach fuzz.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I hate having acid reflux...my son is 3 1/2 months old and im still getting acid reflux....i take medicine for it and i took it before i ate and i dont understand why im still hurting.
    newmom052010

Comment by newmom052010 (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2010