Should I be vomiting with acid reflux?

newmom052010

Asked by newmom052010 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• well that is the most comon symtem in acid reflexes i know cus my son was diognosed with that when he was 3 he would eat then throw up even in his sleep he would vomit so they put him on zantac hes been on it for a yr now n is doing good
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, this can be very common with acid reflex. You might want to have a visit w your doctor just to make sure it is not something more serious, though. I have horrible acid reflex and take OTC Omeprazole. I was using Zantac which worked for awhile but then my acid reflex was got worse. My doctor told me to go back on Omeprazole (Generic for the purple pill). Sorry you are having this. I don't actually throw up, but I sure feel like I want to at times. Good luck!
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Acid reflux is very serious and definitely needs treatment. It can lead to cancer of the esophagus if not treated. See a Dr. to receive the proper treatment.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I throw up with mine so I think it can be common see your dr for the best treatment for you
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010