Have you ever missed the opportunity to say something to dear person, and later wished you had?

If so, what would you say to them now if you had the chance?

chtask09

Asked by chtask09 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep. On August 17, 2000 my mom left to have surgery. The last thing I said to her was, "see you later." Two days later she was dead. I never spoke to her again. It's probably my biggest regret in life. I never got to say good-bye or tell her I loved her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I hate to hear that, well you can take the time now and tell her. It's not the same but it could be closure. Then work toward self forgiveness. I had it happen to me once back in 2007, I told my nephew who had cancer at the family gathering after another family members passing that we tend to take life for granted never saying the things we should and if someone passes we are often left with regret, I didn't know that 3 months later he would pass too.
    chtask09

Comment by chtask09 (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yup... january 26 2008 my ex boyfriend, father of my child killed himself.. I saw him the day before hand.. he was crying and very upset.. I asked him if he would be okay and he said he didnt know.. I should have done something and told him that even though we were not together I know he would be a terrific father.. comforted him and even if i could have held him a bit longer... i will never forget the look on his face that day.. now.. i make sure i tell everyone constantly how much they mean to me.. even if it is clingy lol..
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• @midnight11287: I don't blame you. Clinginess too has its good points :O) if for no one else at least you have your reasons.
    chtask09

Comment by chtask09 (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• sorta, sometimes I wish I could still get some sage advice from my grampa, even if he was behind the times, it was still good advice. I can imagine what he'd say sometimes
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010