What would you do in this situation?

Ok, I have to go and get a heart catherezation and will need to have someone with me, 24/7 for the first few days. Just to let you know, this is where they take a tube and put it up through your artery from your groin area, to your heart. We can not afford for my husband to stay home w me this long, and my daughter needs to go to school. And I really have no one else to help me. My friend has offered to have me stay at her house those few days, so she could help care for me. She even offered to get my daughter to and from school as well. (We live in seperate towns that are about 10 minutes apart.) So, would you give up the comfort of your own home, or would you let someone help take care of you since they offered?

Ks_mom94

Asked by Ks_mom94 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• Well, if you are in the comfort of your own home no one can care for you. So I would stay with the friend. GL.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It seems like you don't have a choice. And I guess I would have to do the same thing if I were in your shoes. Good luck. And that's a nice friend to do that!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If she can care for you in her home why can't she care for you in your home? I find that a little backwards. I might recommend taking out an add for a CNA to come stay with you for an exceptionally small fee. So many people need the money these days and while it will be awkward to have a stranger in your house you can be confident they have the necessary medical training to help care for you. Otherwise I would explain to my friend that you really need to be home in order to recieve the best recovery possible and can she work with that?
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't have the money to pay anyone to come and take care of me. And she has a three kids and a husband that had an accident a few months ago where she has to take care of him. That is why she offered for me to come to her house. Sorry, I didn't make that clear. This is a VERY close friend, almost like a sister. I was just curious what others would do. I would love to recover in my own home, but she is wonderful at taking care of people. (Even if my husband didn't have to work, I don't think I would want him taking care of me. That just isn't his thing.)
    Ks_mom94

Comment by Ks_mom94 (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would prefer my home, but I would take your friend up on her very generous offer.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Take your friend's offer! Don't mess around with your health. You might be more comfortable at home, but you should make sure that your around later to do so!!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would take my friend up on her offer. While it may be may be more comfortable for you in your home she'll be more comfortable in her own home and can take care of her family also.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2010