Just got back from the movies..am I a loser?

Ok so I went to the movies by myself ,IM 16 yrs old going on 17 in about a week and,going somewhere alone or without a friend is kind of frowned upon when it comes to my age group,So does it make me a loser or kind of pathetic because I went to the movies alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Why is it frowned upon for your age?
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would think the opposite. Most younger people go in groups because they don't feel secure enough to do things alone. Good for you!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Because a lot of younger kids think its weird for people to do activities alone especially if youre younger...

I remember when I was around 14 years old and my friend was telling me how she couldnt imagine just going to eat alone or any other activity such as that...Idk I just felt insecure about being the only one there with no one....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I liked being alone when I was younger. I still do. Its nothing bad. Its nice to not have to depend on other people just so you can go out, you know.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Good for you! Being your age and being confident to go somewhere by yourself especially since you say in your age group it is frowned upon. Many adults don't even go places by themselves for the same reasons.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I go to movies by myself often, but I'm a Mom who does it to veg and or get away for a couple hrs while my dh watches our dd. I never went to movies by myself when I was your age, but I certainly don't view it as 'a bad thing'. I agree w/Amelia, and good for you also! If someone says something to you about it being weird ignore it and more power to you for doing something out of your comfort zone or should I say 'out of other people's comfort zone'. I say 'who cares what other's think', but easier said than done when you are your age. Keep your bravery
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 3:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• no, and who cares what strangers think. No one even noticed you, I bet. They were into their own things and the people they were with, not some stranger (you)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No it makes you independent and if it doesn't bother you that's all that matters.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I go alone a lot. What's the point of going with someone since you can't really talk during the movie anyhow? I like going alone and I'm not a loser

Answer by admckenzie at 9:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• no dont feel this way. i remember when i was that age i had a whole bunch of friends but still would go to the movies alne and specially eating out alone. that just made me feel good for some reason. so dont feel bad you are not the only person doing this and it doesnt make you a looser as long as you are happy thas all that matters. and if someone tells you that your a looser thats just because they dont feel secure on doing things themselfs they need to be in groups to do stuff
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010