my head hurts so bad.

I have headachs alllll the time and I hate taking pills.
Know of a different way to solve the problem?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• Exercise and drink more water for starters (if you don't already do so). Otherwise a chiropractor or massage therapist may help. I suffer from terrible migraines, and they seem to help me. You can try a cold compress on your forehead or eyes and maybe some peppermint oil. I had a great massage therapist who used to put peppermint oil on my temples before starting her massage then she'd rub it in at the end... worked wonders. (It also works for an upset stomach. You just put a couple drops on your belly button) Good Luck!
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• maybe its a tumor, not to be funny either
    Anonymous

• I doubt that. I have allergies and horrible eye sight. The light hits my eye wrong and can cause migranes. I did color vision therapy and they said it helped. But yeah, no, I doubt its a tumor.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 9:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I know that when my head started to really bother me it was because I needed glasses. The second time I started getting head aches and dizziness it was because of my blood preasure.

I would get an eye exam first and see if that is the problem.

Another great way to get ride of head aches if you don't like taking pills is to try children meds. They might help.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I use to have headaches all the time until I started seeing a chiropractor for adjustments. It really does help relieve pressure from sinus and stress pain......I promise....

I havent been in a while....one adjusment lasts me for months.... ;) give it a try....cant hurt...and you feel soooooo good after an one.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• The peppermint oil is definitely a good one, but it's the scent that works on the headaches and stomachaches. I have regular headaches as well, and for an instant fix, try a very warm bath in the dark (or by candlelight). Your head may be causeing the rest of you to tense up, which only makes things worse.
    Also try eating something sweet, like a peach or some chocolate milk. Your blood sugar may be falling.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have been getting Migranes since I was little atleast 2 every week.. Like Im getting one now. I just try and go to sleep.. Also If you drink to much caffeine or even if your body isnt use to the caffeine that can give you a headache.. i notice I get headaches from that like if I drink sweet tea or coke. But The other 70 percent of my headaches I have no idea
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008