how do you maintain your bikini line for swimsuit season? I almost don't want to bother.

Don't have extra money to get a professional wax, like I used to before kids.....afraid of ingrown hairs and bumps. Did anyone see the Sex and the City movie? I don't want to be like Miranda with hair peeking out around my bikini line LOL!!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 8:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I cannot spend the extra money on professional waxing either, and nothing seems to work as good. I've tried Nair, and it doesn't really work well. I just shave, but be sure to follow with a cool water rinse and a light lotion that wont clog your pores.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You mean you wear a bikini, lol? I just shave. I don't wear them often enough to care if I have a few bumps. What's worse, icky hairs or bumps that probably no one else will see?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Let me clarify that, I don't shave the whole area, just what needs maintaining, lol!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I just shave. Afterwards I put on Noxzema's Soothe & Smoothe on. It's bikini cream so you don't get those nasty bumps or irritation.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It does take awhile, but I pluck. It's the same as waxing, but just takes a long time, and A LOT cheaper. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• ouch! Plucking? I use this bump stopper stuff it is in the ethnic hair care isle. I think is for african american mens faces. It works
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• OMG you pluck!!!! why?? if you wanna go that way get yourself a "emjoi" does the same thing but much faster. yet i would not recomned it. i would wax, and if cant pay ofr it or do it yourself then shave. i dont like shaving every other day and what not, but if you cant wax shaving is the next best thing. plus no pain with shaving!!

ps- if you do ever get an emjoi (please don't) or anything like it, ask about it first!!!!! one word - PAIN!!
    shuli2

Answer by shuli2 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• you can wax it yourself if you have the gut for it. buy a wax machine for like 10 bucks from a beauty supply store. or, like me, shave it.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• haha!!! I have super course almost black hair there, ingrown and all! I just buy the suits with the boy shorts or skirts. I still shave occasionally for hubbys pleasure, but I still get the bumps and ingrown hairs.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• they make little bikini line razors for that. just don't put shaving cream down there.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2008