Is it safe to take robotussin while pregnant?

I am 32 weeks. I have a runny/stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, and headache. This is the fourth night. It is 4:30 am and I can not sleep due to unable to breathe and/or coughing. If robotussin isnt safe what can I take? TIA

JaLayah

Asked by JaLayah at 4:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was always told that it was safe to take robutussin dm (one of the few things along with tylenol and sudephed-the real stuff not the new revised version) you can try hot water with lemon and honey,it does help....also Ludens and recola(sp) throat and cough drops,Vicks Vapor Rub,and warm air humidifier....I'm sorry you're dealing with this while pregnant,I remember getting sick like this a few times when expecting...and you sound like you have what I'm starting to get over(so far I'm at 1 1/.2 weeks) and it hasn't been fun.Get as much extra sleep as you can ...it will help too! God bless! Hope you feel better soon!
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 4:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm not doctor but my last option if I were you would be medicine, if you really want to go there I would take the medicine specifically made for babies. You want to be very cautious, even if it says it's ok, who knows your body could react differently. I don't even take tylenol or aspirin. I just rather not have any excuse why something could have went wrong,

Hot water with lemon and honey ALWAYS saves my day. Or tea! with no caffeine though.

Hope this helps :)
    ohprettymommy

Answer by ohprettymommy at 5:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Can you call and ask your doctor? I think Sudafed is ok when you are that far along. For the nose, I think you can only do the Saline nasal spray. I don't know about Robotussin. I'd ask before trying it.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Oh, and you can take Tylenol for the pain at least
    sunshinepraying