Is there and cold medicine for a 2 and 3 yr old?

I've noticed that most cold medicine say ages 4 and up. Is ibuprofen and tylenol the only thing for kids that age?

JaLayah

Asked by JaLayah at 4:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• vapo rub and saline spray and a humidifier

or prescription meds

Cuz there are idiot parents out there that can't follow directions and OD their kids on cold meds. Now the rest of us that CAN follow directions have to watch their kids suffer.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I agree. I was going to say the saline nose drops, use the good old bulb syringe and a humidifier if you have one.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There are all natural medicines out there for children. Check out a Whole Foods or your organic isle at your local grocer.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think think have changed with over the counter medicines for children under a certain age. Using a cold mist humidifier in the babies rooms, saline drops and sitting in the bathroom with the hot shower on for the mist are things I have always been told to try. Hope your little feels better soon.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use Cold' n cough 4 Kids by hylands. Its designed for age 2+. It relieves Nasal congestion, cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing. I gave it to my toddlers last night and they had a good night sleep.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i agree with amylynn5398 my son recenty had a cold and i bought it at my local walmart and it helped alot and my son had no problem drinking it, my son is 28 months old.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my doctor tells me to use any child cold meds, just half the dosage. Hes was MY doctor when I was a baby, and has 12 kids so I trust him lol
    Lauren G.

Answer by Lauren G. at 10:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2010