why are men so friggin insensitive?

my husband told me after he had to watch our baby girl for an hour so I could take a proper shower that I havent gotten in I dunno 4 months, that I should take showers on date night when she is at grandmas. SERIOUSLY??

SavanaF.

Asked by SavanaF. at 5:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• i have the opposite problem, my DH is overly sensitive and take things personally all the time. Drive me nuts.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Wow. I would've gone off on him. He is a parent too. He is not "watching" your baby girl.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• That's just ridiculous! Ask him what is so hard about PARENTING his own child! And if you dont like the answer then there shouldnt be another "date nite" until he gets his act together!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• omg i know how you feel hubby is like that sometimes. the other day i was telling him can you watch the kids for 5 minutes while i go downstairs and get the clothes ( i was doing laundry ) i have a 2 yr old adn a 6 month old. so he comes up saying can you put them to sleep ( the 5 month old) i was like its going to take longer to put him to sleep than to go get the clothes i got so mad. but then he decided he was hungry so i got back at him by sayign the food is in the stove just heat it up because im putting baby to sleep like you said lol
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• How often do you shower? My husband tries to get away with a few times a week. There are times I ask him to shower because its annoying.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't call that insensitive, I call it honest. I can imagine a lot more hurtful ways to get his point across than the way he said it.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What did he imagine parenting would be like if an hour is too much for him?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• bjane: okay so I shower before I take a bath with the baby (3 minutes tops is barely a shower and I dont get to wash my hair often but my ass is clean if thats what you wanted to know lady) which is 4 or 5 times a week.

jawqa: so its okay that he honestly doesnt want to help take care of our baby? I think you're missing the point here!

hazel: obviously he imagined me doing the parenting.
    SavanaF.

Comment by SavanaF. (original poster) at 3:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2010